- Resident of the Anchorage Bowl and/or Turnagain Arm – Girdwood area.
- No insurance of any kind (for example: no Medicaid, Denali Kidcare, VA, SouthCentral Foundation) available to obtain a prescription and/or glasses.
- Fill out the application completely and return to the Anchorage Area Lions Joint Sight Committee to be evaluated.
Download Assistance Form Here.
VSP Global Gift Certificates
The Joint Sight Committee also has access to very limited numbers of VSP Global Gift Certificates that provide no-cost eye care for adults and children in need of eye care in our community. Eye care service and prescription eye wear are not available if already covered through a private insurer and/or a government program.
VSP Global Gift Certificates have very specific guidelines for use:
- Patient must have a US Social Security Number.
- Patient must have family income up to 200% of Federal Poverty Level Guidelines.
- Patient must not have used a VSP program within the last 12 months.
- Elective contact lenses are not covered.
Local Agencies Referring Clients
- Abused Women’s Aid in Crisis (AWAIC)
- Alaska Mental Health Consumer Web Choices, Inc.
- Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
- Anchorage School District
- Beans Café
- NeighborWorks Alaska
- New Life Development Center
- Partners Reentry Center
- Southcentral Foundation (SCF)
- Standing Together Against Rape (STAR) Alaska
- United Way of Anchorage