How you can Help
Volunteers are needed for upcoming screening events. Please let Esther know if you are available for any of the events.
We need as many volunteers as we can get for the January events.
- February 29: Meet the World at Egan Civic and Convention Center, 555 W 5th Ave, 11am-4:30pm
- March 7: Spenard Community Health Fair, 8am to noon. 1004 W Tudor Rd.
- April 18: Kids Day, 11am to 4pm. Dena’ina Center
- April 25: Latino Community Health Fair, 10am to 1pm, 4855 Arctic Blvd.
- May 16: Community Health Fair at University Center, 9:30am to 1pm.
- August 27 – September 7: Alaska State Fair. Vision Screening for children and acuity eye tests for adults.
- 2020 Stand Down: Fall 2020, date to be scheduled.
Please check back as we update the locations and dates.
Screening in the Anchorage School District
School vision screening will begin on Sept 6. We will be screening ONLY preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade in September. Second and third grade and schools that want us to screen every student will be scheduled starting Oct 7. No exceptions this year. We have to maintain a schedule that is manageable and convenient for both our lions and the school nurses. Email Esther to volunteer or with questions.